This morning I awoke to a surprise – I have been nominated for the Liebster Award! I’m so happy with the progress I’ve seen on my blog so far. I only started blogging about 5 or 6 days ago and so far I have 41 followers and have been nominated for this award. So first of all, thank you to all of you have been reading, commenting, and liking my blog posts – I appreciate you all. 🙂
On my travels around different blogs, I’ve seen a few people nominated for the Liebster Award. Basically, this award is given to blogs that you enjoy that have under 200 (or 2000) followers. Through it all, it helps us promote our blogs and hopefully gain new viewers. 🙂
I was nominated by Green Beanie Beauty so make sure you stop by her blog and check it out!
So first thing’s first. Here’s the questions I was given by Green Beanie Beauty to answer:
1. BB or CC cream?
Honestly, I haven’t tried a CC yet. When I first thought about purchasing my BB cream, I didn’t even know if it was a good idea because I figured foundation would work just as well. But I did get a Covergirl BB cream. The first time I used it, I didn’t love it. But I think it’s because it wasn’t blended in well enough with my skin. The second time I used it, I applied it with a foundation brush and I was like “Wow, I’m actually liking this!” So now, I’m really looking forward to using my BB cream on those hot summer days when foundation will be too heavy. But CC cream…I’ve yet to try that. 🙂
2. What’s a beauty trend that you wish you were brave enough to try?
Fake eyelashes. And I’m almost to the point where I’m going to try them. I’ve seen a lot of people with beautiful long, fake eye lashes and I think I’m going to give it a try within the next month or two. I’m a little nervous because I’ve never tried putting them on before and I’m worried that I’ll end up putting them on crooked or not in the right spot and it’ll look really obvious and awful. Haha!
3. What is your can’t live with out product?
Conditioner. I have outrageously huge hair. Seriously, I’m a white girl that can have an afro (no exaggeration) after my hair dries naturally (so I always straighten it to make it manageable). I have a ton, ton, ton of volume. My hair is very fluffy, thick, curly, wavy, frizzy, and extremely dry. I need conditioner after shampoo so that I am able to get a comb through it. My hair just feels weird when I don’t use conditioner.
4. What is your favourite go to high end and/or drugstore brand?
I don’t really have a favorite high end brand yet. I have stuff by Urban Decay, Dior, and Too Faced and I like them all, but so far, nothing stands above the rest. Probably because they’re all different beauty products. The UD is eye shadow and lipgloss, the Dior is foundation and mascara, and the Too Faced is a blusher. I have some Benefit products on the way though and they have some more products that I’d like to try out….so maybe someday Benefit will be my favourite. We’ll see.
As for drug store brand, I do really like Covergirl – that’s the brand that’s been with me since the beginning. From Covergirl I like their foundations, lipstains and bb cream. CG’s liquid foundation has been my go-to foundation for years. I also really like Revlon. I’m currently using their double ended brow pencil/gel, highlighter, and concealer. Their concealer is my favorite!
5. If you were a Disney princess which one would you be?
It’d be either Belle or Ariel.
I think the name “Belle” is really pretty. And I like how she’s so confident in herself and always turns down Gaston. While every other girl in town wants Gaston because he’s popular, Belle knows that’s not what she wants in a man, and turns him down. Belle has a beautiful soul and is willing to sacrifice her life to save her father’s even though the consequences are terrifying. Belle is graceful, but she is quick to stand up for herself.
I’d also choose Ariel though, because ever since I was a small child, I’ve had a huge interest in the underwater world. It’d be so neat to be able to explore the ocean!
6. What is on your desk (or the place you blog from) right now?
I currently have my laptop on my lap — so there’s a blanket with blue birds on my “desk”. 🙂
7. The best beauty trick I know is……
I wouldn’t say this is the best beauty trick ever, but I like to dab my foundation brush/blender over my lips, because having a bit on foundation on your lips will make the color of your lipgloss stand out so much better!
8. What is your least favourite beauty product?
Maybelline’s Dream Matte Mousse! I bought it because I hadn’t tried it before and it was on a great sale. I’ve tried it a few different times and ugh, I just can’t love it. In fact, I can’t wait to get it off my face. I just don’t like the look of it on my skin. It doesn’t set well on it. I think I’ll give it a few more tries though, but I doubt it’ll do any good.
9. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
My favorite thing is being able to connect with people. It’s so exciting to see a new notification saying that someone liked my blog or that they commented. I like knowing that someone enjoys what I’m writing. I also like visiting other people’s blogs and leaving them nice comments. 🙂
10. What music are you listening to?
None at the mo, but I’ve been listening to Christina Grimmie’s music from The Voice. She’s so talented. I’ve also been listening to a lot of Israel Houghton. I love the cross-cultural sound he has!
11. What beauty product is high on your lust list?
I really want Posietint from Benefit! It’s so beautiful. I also want a highlighter from them…either Watt’s Up or Sun Beam. I like that Watt’s Up has the sponge on the end to blend with, but I also like the idea of being able to mix Sun Beam with my foundation!
And here’s 11 facts about myself:
1. I can walk on stilts.
2. I have a Pepsi addiction.
3. My favorite movie is Titanic in 3d. It’s so emotional and realistic. In 3d, it literally feels like you’re in the lifeboat watching the ship sink.
4. I’m an only child.
5. My top three places I want to visit are Istanbul, Peru (Machu Picchu), and Hawaii.
6. I play piano, bass, and cajon (drum box).
7. I like playing video games; my favorites include Mariokart, Goldeneye 007, Just Dance, Mario Party, Pokemon Red+Blue+Yellow. I also have an NES, SNES, and Gameboy Color.
8. I don’t really watch shows on tv (with the exception of Pretty Little Liars). Instead, I watch old 80s + 90s shows on dvd. My favorites include Family Matters, Full House, Walker Texas Ranger, Matlock, Beverly Hills 90210, and Boy Meets World.
9. Tyler Ward and Christina Grimmie are my favorite Youtubers.
10. I’m a Christian and I’ve done a lot of cross cultural/over seas missions work. The cutest experience would be volunteering in an orphanage in Mexico and the scariest would be going to the red light district in Mexico and handing out Bibles and roses to prostitutes and telling them that God loves them.
11. I was voted “most likely to have their own talk show” twice throughout my college career.
And now for the Liebster Award rules:
You must link back to the person who nominated you;
You must answer the 11 questions given to you by the nominee before you;
You must list 11 random/fun facts about yourself.
You must pick 11 nominees with under 200 (or 2000 if you want to go with that) followers to answer your questions;
You cannot nominate the person who nominated you;
You must let the people you nominate know they have been nominated
1. What are some high end beauty products that aren’t worth the money?
2. What is a beauty dupe (a cheaper version of a high end product) that you would recommend?
3. Who do you look to for makeup inspiration?
4. How would you describe your style?
5. What’s your skincare routine?
6. What is your favorite scent to wear?
7. Do you like stick or liquid concealer?
8. What products will you be using for your summer makeup routine?
9. If someone told you they would buy you any five items from Sephora, what five items would you buy?
10. If you’re going on a first date with someone, would you put on a lot of makeup or just a little?
11. What conditioner would you recommend for super dry hair?
My nominations are:
Jess Does Makeup * MillieMakeup * Jacqlyn in Wonderland * Forget All That, Live Your Life Anyway * Life By A Ginger * Hearts and Houndstooth * Bea’s Beauty Blog * Loveley’s Beauty Box * Naked Without My Lippy * The Little Makeup Blog * Cheap and Lazy Beauty